Autumn Garden Stew
Autumn Garden Stew
- 4 pounds of stew beef, cut into cubes
- 4-6 cups (total)of cubed potatoes, parsnips, turnips and/or rutabaga (any ratio)
- 2 cups of carrot rounds
- 3 cups of finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 8 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of rubbed thyme
- ½ tbsp. marjoram
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 MSG-free beef bouillon cubes (optional)
- In a stockpot, combine the ingredients for your liquid and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, layer meat and vegetables into your sanitized jars in the order listed above.
- Pour the hot liquid over the layered meat and vegetables.
- Lid your jars and process them in your p-canner for 90 minutes at 10 pounds of pressure. Be sure to adjust for altitude.
About the Author
Please feel free to share any information from this site in part or in full, leaving all links intact, giving credit to the author and including a link to this website and the following bio. Daisy Luther is a single mom who lives in a small village in the mountains of Northern California, where she homeschools her youngest daughter and raises veggies, chickens, and a motley assortment of dogs and cats. She is a best-selling author who has written several books, including The Organic Canner, The Pantry Primer: A Prepper's Guide to Whole Food on a Half-Price Budget, and The Prepper's Water Survival Guide: Harvest, Treat, and Store Your Most Vital Resource. Daisy is a coffee-swigging, gun-toting, homeschooling blogger who writes about current events, preparedness, frugality, and the pursuit of liberty on her websites, The Organic Prepper and DaisyLuther.com She is the author of 4 books and the co-founder of Preppers University, where she teaches intensive preparedness courses in a live online classroom setting. You can follow her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter,.